Our mission is to provide support, advocacy, and education to those individuals, their families, friends, and professionals in the eastern Iowa area that are blessed by Down syndrome. We hope that through our efforts, we can enhance the quality of life for all individuals with Down syndrome.
Our organization strives to achieve the following goals:
- To provide new parent contact, information and support.
- To provide accurate, current information, education and support to parents and family members of individuals with Down syndrome.
- To increase community awareness of the capabilities and contributions of individuals with Down syndrome.
- To provide for parent-to-parent or other direct family support.
- To provide advocacy for families and individuals.
- Educational presentations by local and national speakers
- Grants to members to attend conferences
- Family support
- Welcome baskets to new families
- Hospital and home visits to families
- Community awareness
- Education to professionals in the community
- Support when applying for waiver programs
- Numerous social events for member families